Wicket Club is seeking an intern to assist the Communications team and provide event support
during the fall of xxxx. Wicket Club examines the opportunities in Northern Virginia to promote
the game of cricket by offering training clinics and camps and providing the U.S. Youth Cricket
Association with opportunities to host community events for cricket fans in order to shape
and expand interest in cricket in the U.S.
Wicket Club’s communications efforts are focused on getting our message out in print, radio,
television, and online. Examples of duties include:
• Writing/proofreading press releases, media advisories, blog posts, letters, etc.
• Pitching stories and events to reporters.
• Preparation and scheduling of visual displays for facility’s 3 LED Large Format Displays (LFD),
with oversight from the Communications team.
• Photographing and videotaping press conferences and other events and preparing photos/footage
for use by marketing team.
• Providing administrative support with research, database management, press list maintenance
and data entry, among other tasks.
• Helping maintain our Twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts.
• Must be at least a junior undergraduate with 3.0 GPA or above.
• Should be comfortable in a start-up type environment where things change rapidly. An ability
to innovate is key.
• Outstanding research, writing, and analytical skills, as well as an excellent attention to detail,
• Previous experience on a campaign or in a press office is preferred, but not required.
• Successful applicants are generally undergraduate students with a demonstrated interest in
all or some of the following areas: photography, video editing, Adobe suite products,
etc. Please mention it in your cover letter.
Please note that all internship positions run from mid/late September to December. Hours
are negotiable. A monthly stipend may be available for top candidates.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and availability Monday through Friday to Mr. Tauseef Arshad.
Please discuss your qualifications and specifically why you are interested in interning with the
Wicket Club. Please direct all questions to Tauseef Arshad via email.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so you are encouraged to apply early. Only
applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please direct all questions to:
45698 Elmwood Court
Sterling, Va 20166